Can I List My Condo on Airbnb?
We are often asked if a condo can be used for short-term rental on AirBnb. AirBnb is a great way to invest, but you can also make more stable long-term investments.
The path to success for AirBnb users is not always easy. There will be competition and opposition from community groups that are interested in exclusivity, long-term tenancy, or other factors. There are some positives. Companies like Airbnb and HomeAway will support you in the brokerage of short-term rentals (STRs). Short-term rentals are something that everyone seems to be interested in 2019.
This article will present many sides to this complicated question. Remember that links can be manipulated by people who may have an economic interest to persuade you to invest in traditional real estate, or rent out vacation homes. Before you get started, let’s review the basics.
- To support opposing views, people use similar data.
- Each short-term rental website has its own rules.
- Traditional residential rentals can often generate a solid ROI.
- Agents can be a great source of information, provided they adhere to ethical standards.
- Some condos with high-end amenities have their own STR programs.
- Running an STR is a hospitality business; managing a traditional rental is property administration.
- Your rights to rent may be affected by decisions made by condo associations, new ordinances in your area, or changes in the law of your state.
- STRs can make big returns.
We were fortunate to be able to talk with some of the most knowledgeable condo specialists in the country. We found that condo associations tend not to prohibit Airbnb investment, but there are exceptions.
This post was written by a real estate expert from the Dotoli group. Josh Dotoli is Paramount Residences #1 Selling Realtor with nine sales in 2021, 3x more sales than any other Realtor selling in the building. The Paramount Residences enjoys a prime beach area location. It is a Ft. Lauderdale oceanfront condo located across from the beach. Interested in learning about Paramount Residences Fort Lauderdale Price? Contact us today!
Comments are closed.